Have you ever wondered about your ancestry?
Not only does it cure an individual’s curiosity, but an ancestry DNA test can also uncover any past medical history that may have been passed on. Ancestry DNA testing has linked many families to notable heroes in American history. How do you know that you aren’t connected to one of them too? Better yet, are you sure you know who you really are? ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ is a television series on NBC that attempts to answer that question.
‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ helps celebrities unravel their genealogy in hopes of finding surprising or interesting stories about their ancestors. The themes of all the findings revolve around freedom, love, betrayal, opportunity and tragedy. Although some findings are bigger than others, by the end of their journeys, each celebrity learns a little more about whom it is he/she really is.
Emmit Smith, one of the NFL’s greatest running backs, overcame poverty because of his incredible athletic talents. Grateful for his success, Smith set out to learn a little more about his past. The NFL star was featured on season one of ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’
Emmit was linked to a young female slave through a reliable DNA test. As the show goes on, we learn that the young woman’s father was a Caucasian slave owner. As a result, these interesting developments made Emmit realize that the slave owner was his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, a tough pill to swallow for the ex-running back. Emmit eventually finds positive light in discovering how courageous the young slave was.
Other celebrity findings
‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ is full of results. Throughout their journeys, celebrities found new and intriguing information about their lineage:
- Ashley Judd: The famous actress learned that going back 12 generations of ancestry, one of her ancestors, William Brewster, migrated on the Mayflower.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: The academy award-winning actress learned that one of her ancestors was seen as a miracle worker as the town used to pray to him when disaster struck. A story of ‘Tzvi’, Gwyneth’s ancestor, states that the healing man saved a town from a fire.
- Kim Cattrall: The ‘Sex and the City’ star learned that her grandfather had abandoned his first family and remarried only a year later. Kim’s grandfather, George, left his first family with nothing and provided very well for his second family. Kim goes on to deem him a bastard.
- Sarah Jessica Parker: Also a ‘Sex and the City’ star, Sarah learned that one of her ancestors was accused of being a witch and charged with the murder of a young girl.
An ancestry test will certainly satisfy your curiosity. Want to know who you really are? Get answers with a DNA test.
Incoming search terms:
- who do you think you are (38)
- سكسررجال (31)
- what dna company did testing fo who do you think you are (2)
- dna results for famous people (2)
- who you think you are (2)
- who do you think you are labatory used in the show? (1)
- who do ypu think you are testing lab (1)
- who do you think you are emmit smith dna testing (1)
- what lab test dna on who do you think you are? (1)
- what is the dna test given to celebrities on the show who do you think you are? (1)